Cimarron Electric is accepting applications for a Staking Technician.
The Staking Technician will be responsible for providing high quality service to our members by providing prompt and efficient responses to requests for service or information. The Staking Technician will meet with members who are requesting new service and/or service rebuilds. The Technician will then design the distribution powerline to meet the members’ needs while ensuring safety for the public and those working on the powerlines. The Staking Technician will also work closely with internal stakeholders to design distribution system upgrades and repairs.
A career in our Staking Department will expose you to powerline design, staking, and surveying. A candidate with prior knowledge in those areas is preferred, but the ideal candidate will communicate effectively, integrate well into our team, and be self-motivated to work independently.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
• High school diploma or equivalent required
• Completion and/or willingness to complete a Power Line Design and Staking Program
• Attention to detail and good oral communication skills required.
• Must be self-motivated and able to work independently.
• Must possess adequate computer skills to learn and operate all Staking software.
• Prior distribution utility experience preferred.
• Prior surveying experience preferred.
RESPONSIBILITIES (The following duties and responsibilities are illustrative of the primary functions of this position and are not intended to be all inclusive.)
• Designs, stakes, and inspects distribution powerline for new services, system improvements, and retirements of existing facilities.
• Schedules and keeps appointments with members for new construction or upgrades.
• Utilizes drafting and powerline design software as needed to draft staking sheets and construction drawings.
• Maintain knowledge of distribution system, applicable codes/regulations, and safe working practices required.
• Prepares Easement exhibits and right-of-way documents for Cooperative powerlines.
The Physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to:
• Physical Effort and Dexterity: Good dexterity to operate personal computer and office equipment.
• Job requires sitting, standing, walking, bending, and reaching.
• Occasional lifting up to 50 pounds.
• Required to perform outside and within an office environment.
• Exposure to varying temperature conditions including cold below 32 degrees and heat above 100 degrees. Some exposure to odors, dust, and dirt.
• Some travel may be required.
Cimarron Electric is an equal opportunity employer.
Post-offer physical exam, drug test and background check are a condition of employment.