Cimarron Electric is accepting applications for a Member Service Representative.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Attention to detail and good oral communication skills required
- Must be able to use office equipment such as cash register, computer, keyboard, copier, printer, scanner, fax machine, etc.
- Responsible for the process of Member payments thru depositories, counter, mail, and from all Cooperative collectors
- Controls balancing of cash drawers daily and reports any consistent inaccuracy of cash drawer balancing made by cashiers or any Cooperative collectors
- Responsible for the process and completion of total deposit/bank deposit paperwork at end of each day and assures that it is ready for deposit in bank
- Coordinates and balances payments processed through Remittance machine with Billing Department and bank.
- Assists in answering telephone and transferring calls to assist the member in making payments, inquiries, etc.
- Responsible for the completion of paperwork on returned checks and follows-up in accordance with established policy
- Assure all Member calls concerning returned checks or payments collected are handled promptly, precisely, and courteously
- Serves as member of on-call team on rotating basis to answer calls during power outages
- Maintains records associated with Member Capital Credits allocations and retirements
- Receives inquiries and requests for new services, service changes, connects and disconnects and maintains proper records for same
- Maintains records associated with meter changes, transformer changes, service changes and other equipment changes
- Maintains, verifies, and balances sales tickets and invoices for member deposits, fees, meter loops and other special equipment billed through this department
- Maintains, verifies, and balances current files on member’s deposits, membership fees, applications, and contracts
- Greets all Members in a positive and courteous manner
- Participates in safety and training/communication meetings as required
- Keeps informed of and provides support for Cooperative goals, policies, plans and programs to assist the Cooperative in providing services which meet the expectations of our members and to allow the Cooperative to continue to be a positive influence within its service area.
- In addition to these responsibilities, may be assigned to perform other duties from time to time.
The Physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to:
- Physical Effort and Dexterity: Good dexterity to operate personal computer and office equipment.
- Job requires sitting, standing, walking, bending, and reaching.
- Occasional lifting up to 25 pounds.
- Works in a climate-controlled office environment