Cimarron Electric is accepting applications for an experienced Journeyman Lineman. Only experienced applicants will be considered.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- DOL Journeyman certification or equivalent years of experience.
- Must have or be able to obtain a Valid Oklahoma CDL Driver’s License within 6 months of employment.
- Must be familiar with system geography and system maps
- Investigates and remedies service interruptions and assists in evaluating the cause of the interruption to assure prompt restoration of service to customers and continued service reliability.
- Participates in the construction of distribution lines and services as assigned to provide new or improved service to our customers.
- Performs maintenance activities on energized or deenergized lines to keep the system in a safe and operable condition.
- Assists in analyzing and evaluating operation and maintenance activities relative to customer facilities and assists in investigation and resolution of service problems to assure that installations and services are made in compliance with required specifications and to maintain customer confidence and satisfaction with our electric service delivery.
- Sets voltage regulators, conducts scheduled voltage and load surveys, assists in the preparation of analysis reports, and takes such corrective action as is required to help assure that voltage levels on lines are within specifications.
- Performs switching procedures when deemed necessary or as directed to facilitate operations.
- Installs sectionalizing equipment and assists with maintenance to provide continued reliable service within the required specifications.
- Hooks up single-phase and multi-phase transformer connections using the correct configuration to assure end user of proper voltage levels.
- Directs the work activities of an Apprentice Lineworker as assigned and assists in the on-the-job training of Apprentice Lineworker during their four-year apprenticeship to insure safe working practices are followed and to help insure that they are capable of assuming Journey Lineworker duties after the training period is complete.
- Maintains security and street lighting and promotes the installation of improved lighting equipment to provide for a safe, secure environment during the evening hours.
- Makes secondary breaker changes and reconnects, disconnects, installs, and removes meters at the request of the customer or Billing Department to assure timely compliance with member requests and/or Cooperative policy.
- Coordinates and overseas the work of outside contractors when assigned to assure compliance with required specifications and safe working conditions.
- Makes frequent checks of tools and protective equipment and submits recommendations for replacing defective materials to assure that they are safe and operable.
- Assists in the maintenance of vehicles and equipment assigned to work unit to assure that they are safe, operable and that the required documentation is completed.
- Assists in the maintenance of vehicle material inventories and completes required documentation to assure proper material records are kept.
- Maintains material inventories and completes required documentation for assigned vehicle and projects to assure proper material records are kept.
- Attends and participates in safety meetings to become aware of safety rules and regulations and to help assure that safe working practices are followed, and a safe working environment exists for the individual, fellow employees, and customers.
- Maintains a current knowledge of first aid, CPR and other life saving techniques and performs these techniques as necessary to ensure that prompt attention is given to co-workers during emergencies.
- Assures the maximum productive use of personnel, materials, and equipment on assigned projects consistent with approved specifications and in compliance with established safe working practices and policies to assure a safe and productive work environment.
- Reviews assigned construction or maintenance projects and recommends to the Operations Superintendent, the required personnel, materials, and equipment needed to assure a timely and safe completion of the project.
- Keeps informed of and provides support for Cooperative goals, policies, plans and programs to assist the Cooperative in providing services which meet the expectations of our customers and to allow the Cooperative to continue to be a positive influence within its service area.
- In addition to these responsibilities, may be assigned to perform other duties from time to time.
The Physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to:
- Stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop; kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Must be able to operate assigned equipment including buckets, forklift, backhoe, trencher, winches, and high compression tools.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to high, precarious places; outside weather conditions; extreme cold extreme heat; and risk of electrical shock. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.